Reins of Darkness
While Obsidian Portal is a good place for documentation,
this game will have a strict “no tech at the table” rule (check your smartphones and laptops at the door).
For the sake of expediency and not killing trees, the no-laptops rule has been lifted.
Here is the proposed plan:
- Everyone is allowed to bring 2 game books.
- ANY d20-based materials are fair.
- Pick something you would like to play.
- If you don’t have books of your own, you are free to pull something off of my shelves.
- Whatever you bring will be the official list of allowed materials for the game
- …so if no one brings a PHB or equivalent, no one plays a fighter.
- If you want to play something specific, bring the book.
- We will work together to build characters (and figure out what exists in the world) based on whatever you bring (so bring something fun).
- The onus of the world-building effort rests with the GM. Your level of involvement in world-building is entirely up to you…You are free to just throw in the book and say “I want to play this as written” or “I just brought this because I like X class or race or feat” and we’ll find a way to make it work. The point is to have fun with some reasonable constraints, not to make any over-think things.
- That said, we will try to make an interesting world out of whatever anyone brings.
- If new players show up later, they will each be allowed to introduce 1 new book to the list of allowed materials…